History about Shiner

In 1885, a post office called Half Moon was opened at a trading post near the present site of Shiner. In 1887, Henry B. Shiner donated 250 acres for a depot and right-of-way for the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway which bypassed Half Moon and was built through Henry B. Shiner's donated land and the town grew around these transportation facilities. The town initially called itself "New Half Moon" but in 1888 the town's name was changed to Shiner and the town was incorporated in 1890.

Visit www.shinertx.com for updated calendar of events.

Call us now to book
361-550-8568

© 2018 by The Cottage on 966

GreenWing Marketing

  • White Facebook Icon
Follow us